Thursday, June 23, 2016

Alabama Library Bookmarks

Back in October 2014 I posted a piece on "Bookmarks for Some Alabama Bookstores" featuring items from my collection. This time I'll share some bookmarks I have from Alabama libraries.

Most of these examples come from public or academic libraries. I've also included one from a museum and another from the Encyclopedia of Alabama. I've scanned both sides unless one side was blank. 

Bookmarks have been widely used by libraries since they are an inexpensive way to advertise services, hours, new programs and so forth. I suppose they may not be used as much these days, since the same information can be put on a web site or Facebook page. 

Bookmark histories can be found here and here.















The Alabama Public Library Service is a state agency supporting public libraries across Alabama.

















Bailey Cove is one of the many branches of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library.



The Alabama Virtual Library provides online database access to residents of the state. 



The Encyclopedia of Alabama is not a library, but it's such a wonderful resource that I wanted to include it here.











No comments:

Post a Comment