Friday, March 8, 2019

Deb's Bookstore in Cullman

I always enjoy checking out bookstores when I travel, and recently I stopped at one in Cullman. Brother Richard and I had visited this one a few years ago, but I hadn't been back since. One day as I headed home from mom's in Huntsville, I passed by, so....

As you can see from the photos below, the place is large and packed. There are sections for biographies, non-fiction, self-help and such, but most of the inventory is fiction. Lots of fiction. There are large sections for romances, science fiction and fantasy, and --unusually--westerns. Louis L'Amour has his own section, as do Steven King, Clive Cussler, James Patterson, Stuart Woods, and others.  

The store had a website that was really just an online billboard with a video tour; it's no longer active. The Facebook page still exists. You'll just have to make a trip yourself....

Oh, the place is for sale. The owner informed me she's retiring this year and wants to sell. The price includes the building, inventory, computer system, a large parking lot and fifteen years worth of customer goodwill. 

Hmmm...

UPDATE 26 June 2021

I stopped in again and the place has indeed sold and is operating under a new name, Camelot Books and Comics. You can see a couple of signs at the end. For the most part, nothing has changed about the inventory as described above, which consist of some 250,000 items! 

































































No comments:

Post a Comment