Thursday, February 2, 2023

UAB Paintings at the Hilton Hotel

Recently I happened to visit the Hilton Hotel just off the UAB campus below Five Points. In the lobby are the two paintings below which depict fanciful views of iconic UAB buildings and scenes. 

I found it appropriate that in one painting a crane towers over the landscape. When I began working at UAB in 1983, I remarked to someone that a lot of construction was taking place on campus. He said to get used to it, it never stops. And the building continued until I retired in 2015 and based on my regular visits to campus since construction goes on unabated.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find information on the artist. If you can provide any, leave it in the comments! 
















Source: Hilton Hotel website

No comments:

Post a Comment