Friday, July 14, 2023

Some Family Photos Winter 1954

I've done a few posts on this blog exploring old family photographs. One included some photos taken at the Chandler Street house years after my toddler pictures below. I've also written one about a family vacation at the beach in 1956 and a group of family photos from the 1960s. 

Now we come to some examples from the winter of 1954. I turned two that March 3. Most of these photos were taken at my paternal grandparents' house at 1313 Chandler Street in Gadsden. We lived in Huntsville but visited Rosa Mae and Amos Wright numerous times over the years. 

My family is blessed--or cursed--with hundreds of photographs old and new. I'm sure I'll be exploring more subjects in the future. 




Happy, happy, joy, joy!



I was always looking at rocks or sticks. 


I don't seem quite as happy here as in the first photograph.



Here I am with dad, Amos J. Wright, Jr. He probably took most of these photos, but presumably my grandfather took this one.



I presume that photographer's shadow is dad's. Someone else standing to the right? 




Look, dad, a shadow!


Prepare to get wet, dad!



My grandmother Rosa Mae Wright died in January 1997, shortly before her 97th birthday. My grandfather Amos J. Wright, Sr., had died in 1975. These color photos were taken the day in 1997 when my brother Richard and I came to get the final items out of the house. 






Here's the back yard where we all spent so much time over the years.



Richard is standing in the driveway close to where I was standing--or sitting--in some of those photos above 43 years earlier. 



Here I am as a young sprout between my paternal grandparents, Amos Jasper Wright, Sr., and Rosa Mae Wright. I'm not sure where this photo was taken but I'm looking pretty young here; I was born in March 1952. You can see my grandparents in 1918 in this post about my grandfather's World War I training in Auburn. 







No comments:

Post a Comment