Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Strange Things Found in Alabama Stores (2)

Here's my introduction to part 1 of this ongoing series:

Going through some photographs recently I came across a couple of examples of the random things I encounter here and there in stores and other public places. When I do I take photos. I've decided to share some of them in a series of posts on this blog.

These images may strike many as just silly, and some are, but I prefer to call them strange, weird, unexpected, something different springing out of the halls of American commerce. Or whatever. Let's begin. 

Feel free to tell us about your own strange finds in the comment section!






Children's toys sure can be weird sometimes, as exemplified by these two found in a Tuesday Morning store in Huntsville. "Meowlody, Daughter of a Firecat"?








We found this display box at Vintage Interiors in Pelham. What intrigued me was this message on the back. I wonder where that St. Joseph School was located.








These dolls were found creeping people out at Encore Resales in Pelham. 



Did you know that in some areas of the country boiled peanuts are only available in cans? This situation is shocking. These cans were on the shelf locally, but boiled peanuts are best hot from the kettle. We get ours at a little shop down US 31 toward Alabaster, Wayne's Produce. Yum, yum!



My wife Dianne is a big fan of Peeps, but sometimes the new flavors are just too strange for her. 



Easter Island came to Old Time Pottery in Pelham this past spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment