Saturday, July 6, 2024

Branch Books in Hartselle

On June 24 my brother Richard and I made our way to Hartselle to check out a used bookstore new to us, Branch Books. We do that sort of thing when we can. We were not disappointed by the visit. 

The store has two large rooms and a few small ones filled with tall, stuffed shelves. As you can see from some of the photos there are numerous sections, including some not shown such as children's, rare and vintage books and westerns.

Naturally Richard and I picked up some goodies. I was especially glad to find several Erle Stanley Gardner's Perry Mason novels and a couple of John Creasey's adventure novels featuring The Toff, an English upper class sleuth. 

A second store by the same name has recently opened in Cullman. The Hartselle store's Facebook page is here. The prices are good and selection large, so I recommend a visit if you are in the area. 

I've written a number of blog posts about Alabama bookstores past and present. There's even a blog post linking to many of them. I've also posted about a "quick visit" to Hartselle. 

A few more comments are below. 












Richard is looking for some Travis McGee novels by John D. MacDonald that he hasn't read. We're both making our way through those books. 












The store has a science fiction, fantasy and horror room.



There's even a Christmas section!



Of course, I had to check out the Alabama & Local Authors section. 









2 comments:

  1. This is great. I've never heard of this shop, but I can tell by a couple of the photos that it will be worth the drive up 65. Hard to pass by a used book store. Thanks for posting about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. Yes, Branch Books is worth a trip. So is Priceville Books, another packed used bookstore in a small town

    ReplyDelete